Current home working arrangements due to Covid-19
During this very difficult period, all our staff are now set up to work from home.At times, this may lead to issues with technology and capacity which may also impact on service levels, with longer wait times and urgent calls being prioritised.
Due to the fact we are working from home, the Pensions Team has limited access to post and printing facilities. In view of this, if you need an update on when you can expect to hear from us, please contact us by email, providing relevant information and a brief summary of your enquiry. We will then respond to you as soon as we can.
Critical scheme processes
The Covid-19 pandemic is placing huge pressures across the LGPS, which will likely affect non- critical scheme and member activities and service level targets. We are working extremely hard to minimise any reduction in the high-quality pension services we currently provide to all our stakeholders.
However, in ine with the Pensions Regulator's (TPR) guidance we must give priority to ensure we deliver the following critical processes:
- paying members' pension benefits
- calculation and payment of dependent's pensions and lump sums following the death of a pensioners or members
- processing to ensure members' benefits are accurate i.e. processing employer's annual returns and monthly i-Connect returns
What can you do to help us?
Please note: as we now have very limited access to post facilities, we would encourage all employers to continue to complete leaver forms etc online via the Fund’s website or alternatively print forms, complete, scan and email them to the address below:
You can also help us by:
- using our website where possible
- emailing us if you need to contact us
- calling us only if your query is urgent
- encouraging members to use our online My Pension Portal to check their pension record, estimate your retirement benefits and to update their personal details
Please note: we will continue to update our website with all the latest information as the situation develops.
If you have any staff members who are on furlough, please complete the spreadsheet below, then return it to us at:
Please ensure that you use the secure file transfer system or other means of encryption, in the same way you would for contribution returns or year end processes.
Please see our frequently asked questions page.
LGA LGPS employer coronavirus webinar recording, May 2020
Important information about issues to consider for employers during the coronavirus outbreak: