Making a complaint

There may be times when you are unhappy with the service you get, or you disagree with a decision that has been made about your membership or benefits. For example the reason for your employment termination and award of benefits.

Some decisions about your pension are the responsibility of your employer, for example, the contribution rate you pay and your entitlement to benefits.  We process the information given by your employer, calculate and pay your benefits under the Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations.

If you are not satisfied, you have the right to formally complain under the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP).  You must make a complaint or appeal any decision within 6 months of the act or omissions about which you are complaining or notification of the decision.

In all cases Staffordshire Pension Fund will attempt to do all it can to resolve the issue to prevent the need to follow this formal procedure. Please contact us initially to speak to a member of the Team, if you require any further information or clarification.

Further details of procedure are available in the document below:

 What to do if you have a complaint (527KB)

The Stage One Appeal form can be downloaded here.  You should save the file locally and complete it on-screen.  An electronic signature will be sufficient.  If you would prefer a paper copy you can complete by hand, please contact us and one will be posted to you.

Word Document Stage One IDRP Form (113KB)