The Pensions Section Team
The Pensions Section
The Section currently employs 43 staff and is based at Staffordshire Place, Stafford.
The Section is divided into an "Administration Team" and "Technical Team".
The Administration Team deal with:
- The calculation of benefits upon leaving, retirement and death
- Staffordshire County Council redundancy and compensation payments
- Maintaining the accuracy of scheme members' records
- Paying Pensions for our retired members
The Technical Team deal with:
- IT systems control and development
- Receipt of contributions
- Transfers to other pension schemes and other local authorities
- Data for the three-yearly valuation of the Pension Fund
- Post receipt, scanning and dispatch
In addition to the above, Pensions Section provide the following services:
- Scheme communication and publications
- Teachers' Pension Scheme retirement estimates
- Teachers' redundancy payments
- Focused presentations and pensions surgeries
- Guidance and training to employers and employing departments
- Administration of the Firefighters' Pension Scheme for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service
Customer Service Excellence Award - August 2015
The Staffordshire Pensions Section is delighted to have been reaccredited with the Government's "Customer Service Excellence" (CSE) award in August 2015. The award was first given to the Section in August 2010.
Staffordshire Pension Fund are assessed in 5 key areas, each with its own sub-sections, and have been assessed to have achieved Compliance Plus in 5 of these sub-sections.
Compliance Plus means that the assessor felt that the section had shown behaviours or practices that exceed the required standard for the Award and are viewed as exceptional or as an exemplar for others.
This award replaces the "Chartermark" award previously held by the section since 2008. The Customer Service Excellence Award focuses on delivery, communication material, timeliness, professionalism, customer experience and satisfaction.
More information on the CSE award process can be found at the CSE website. Staffordshire County Council is not responsible for the content of external websites linked from this page.
Local Government Chronicle Awards
The Pensions Section was short listed in 2007 and 2008 for a Local Government Chronicle Award in the "Quality of Service" category.
See our Service Standards
Your views / Feedback
We welcome any comments you have on our service or website. If you would like to let us know your feedback please send us an e-mail to the address below: